The visa-free regime of the Republic of Kyrgyzstan within 60 days, is valid for citizens of the following countries: Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Mongolia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States Of America, Vatican.
Visa for entry to the territory of Kyrgyzstan within 1 month is not required for holders of diplomatic and service passports of the following States: People's Republic of China (also for the holders of the ordinary passports for service assignment), Republic of Hungary, Turkmenistan.
Visa-free regime is also valid for citizens of the following CIS countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine.
Foreign citizens of the other states can enter to Kyrgyzstan and transit through its territory only if they have obtained Kyrgyzstan visa.
How to get Kyrgyz visa?
Visa can be obtained at Kyrgyz Embassy abroad. In case of the absence of the embassy or representation of Kyrgyz Republic in the country, visa may be received in Russian or Kazakh Embassy or at the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the airport of Bishkek upon arrival. The mentioned above embassies provide Kyrgyzstan visa only in case if there is an invitation/visa support provided by a company of the country of destination.
For Kyrgyz LOI the following documents are needed:
- Passport data
- Exact terms of stay in Kyrgyz Republic
- Flight number (in case of getting visa at the airport of Bishkek upon arrival)
The information necessary for visa support should be sent not later than 15 days prior to arrival.
• Every foreign citizen must be registered in local Police Department within 3 days (OVIR, Department of Internal Affairs) upon arrival to Kyrgyzstan by company providing visa support. This rule is applied only if person stay in Kyrgyzstan for more than three days apart from weekends.
The citizens of the following countries do not need the registration in the Police Department: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Korea, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America.
• Together with Kyrgyz visa, it is recommended to obtain medical insurance that includes alpinism, as some zones of Kyrgyzstan are allowed to be visited by foreign nationals only with a presence of documents, confirming the insurance and guarantee of payment for the rescue work.
• Kyrgyzstan visa is valid for visiting almost all the territory of the country. However, for passing through or/and visiting some of the zones of the territory of Kyrgyzstan additional permission is required. These zones are in the following areas of Kyrgyzstan: border with China, Engelchek, Northern part of Terskey Ala-Tau, from Ak-Say at the East till Djuuku in the West, Chatkal valley and Ak-Say glacier in Ala-Archa gorge. Permits documents for visiting/passing through those zones we will arrange in the short term.