Responsible Tourism Policy
East Asia Point is a destination management company crafting one-of-a-kind travel experiences that excite, challenge, and educate. We specifically employ travel enthusiasts with extensive knowledge within the region we operate in. As strong believers in the ethos of responsible travel, we are increasingly committed to developing, operating and marketing tourism with a sustainable approach.
We are proud to work with a rich and diverse variety of business partners, therefore we have the responsibility to work in a mindful manner and encourage them to do so. Having operated in Central Asia for more than 15 years, we understand that "tourism is like fire; it can cook the rice or burn the house" thus we strive to maximize the positive effects of travel while minimizing its negative impacts. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that the cultures and natural environments of our destinations are protected and continue to flourish.
- WE ARE AN ETHICAL COMPANY
- WE CARE ABOUT THE PLANET
- WE DRIVE POSITIVE CHANGE
- WE STRIVE FOR COMMUNITY BENEFITS
- WE INSPIRE OUR GUESTS
#WE ARE AN ETHICAL COMPANY
Our people are our main asset:
- We ensure equal opportunities and non-discriminative policies for all our employees
- We pay fair wages, respect labour laws including the refusal of any form of child labour and ensure good working conditions through paid maternity/paternity leave, medical insurance, paid holidays etc
- We respect the right of our employees to participate in trade unions and ensure their free expressions
Our partners share our values:
- We work against any form of corruption including extortion and bribery
- We communicate our anti-corruption policy to all our stakeholders and raise awareness with our employees and partners
- We take disciplinary measures or refuse to work with partners in cases where corruption is acknowledged
Our communities are respected:
- We ensure that we are not directly or indirectly complicit in any human rights abuse (including sexual exploitation, hindrance to civil & political rights etc.
- We support our people's complete freedom to celebrate their local culture and practice their spirituality
- We are committed to using energy providers that harness renewable sources of energy as they become available in our destinations. We are incorporating remote working and using energy efficient technologies to work better from home
- We include sustainability-related criteria in our purchasing decisions. Whenever possible we purchase locally, with environmentally sound products and/or from certified companies, social enterprises etc
- We promote low carbon mobility in our destinations and actively advocate for the development of sustainable transport. We assess the carbon footprint of our itineraries and find alternatives to lower them
#WE DRIVE POSITIVE CHANGE
Our responsible practices are shared:
- We encourage to adopt responsible practices such as implementing greater environmental, cultural, and social conduct and supporting their local communities and wildlife protection.
Our preferred partners are responsible:
- We communicate our policies, code of conduct and requirements and sustainability objectives to our suppliers
- We assess their level of sustainability through surveys, data collection and encourage them to become third-party certified
- Responsible suppliers are highlighted in our communications and preferred in our purchasing strategy
#WE STRIVE FOR COMMUNITY BENEFITS
Our communities are empowered :
- We develop tourism products with a positive impact for locals, working mostly with locallyowned businesses and bringing additional revenue to local families and individuals involved in our itineraries and services
- We raise awareness within our communities on sustainable development principles and we collaborate with like-minded organisations
- We consider sustainable aspects when selecting a new destination and strive to respect its carrying capacity. We consult with locals and seek their advice when creating a new experience
#WE INSPIRE OUR GUESTS
Our guests are engaged :
- We provide our clients with relevant information and knowledge about destinations and trips (including safety, health & security)
- We promote sustainable offers available in our destinations, especially responsible hotels, experiences and sustainable transport options.
- We provide information on best practices while travelling (codes of conduct to respect local culture, customs and the environment / guidelines for sensitive excursions or activities)
- We share information about unsustainable issues such as illegal souvenirs, sexual exploitation, protection of children, environmental issues and animal welfare
- We provide our guests with a 24h reachable contacts and guidelines in case of emergency situations
- We take into account clients’ satisfaction and complaints
- We seek to support local — guides, accommodations, food venues and experiences — which not only helps the local economy but makes our trips more compelling.
- Where possible, our trips visit and contribute to community-owned cooperatives and local social enterprises.
- We pursue equality and the protection of human rights across all of our trips, and have high standards of welfare for guides and porters.
- We avoid (and where appropriate, actively remove) contrived cultural experiences that are not respectful of people. Instead, we actively seek to support the preservation of cultural and traditional heritage, through our itineraries and the knowledge of our local guides.